Mispronunciations are a good way to learn. You say something wrong and somebody corrects you. Growing up reading comics, it’s easy to say things wrong all of the time. Words like origin, infinite, omnipotent, effervescent, carnage, and who knows how many more were introduced to me by comics. You see a strange word often enough and you look it up. You try to say it in front of your mom and she corrects you on the pronunciation. It’s how we learn, and it’s one of the best reasons to give kids more comics.
But, if you’re an adult, and you’re still saying Magnet-O, seek help.
As you may have already heard (from us), we’re going to be at ECCC this weekend and we need to let you know some things about that.
2) This is what the new version of our book looks like!
The art is by Joel Priddy! The colors are by Evan “Doc” Shaner! The design is by Dylan Todd!
The insides are still by us, which is less exciting, we know, but if you buy it from us at the show, Curt will write something witty and I’ll do a sketch in it for you.
3) Speaking of me drawing things, if you’d like for me to draw something for you at the con more detailed than the usual quick sketches I do in the books, I’ll have a list available for that at the start of each day.
4) On Friday at 4 PM in Room 4C1-2 all of LBFA Inc. will be part of the Ask ComicsAlliance Panel! We promise to try to be as drunk and/or hungover as possible so as to make for as entertaining an event as we know how. I’m told there will be rapping, free stuff, and possibly live comics making. Bring your A-Game questions for us!
5) On Friday night we will be at the ECCC Live Art Event featuring music by DJ Svengali Lad and DJ [Brandon] Jerwa live art by Jim Mahfood, Scott Campbell, Ben Templesmith, David Mack, Chris Haley (which is me), and more!
Come support the Seattle Children’s Hospital and watch me and some much better artists do some art!
6) We will have FIVE (FIIIIIIIIIVE!!!!) new T-shirts for you to choose from! Please buy several or we’re going to have to eat them for the next several months.